TWO Enables Two Simultaneous Lines, as well as Hotspot and Extra PowerMIAMI, March 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Krimston, a global developer of mobile accessories, announced the Kickstarter launch of TWO, a dual Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) iPhone solution. The case allows users to use a single iPhone to accommodate a second line, and is currently compatible with the iPhone 6 and 6s.
TWO is the world’s first phone case to offer simultaneous active SIMs, an Internet hotspot and extra power via a built-in battery pack. The TWO works in conjunction with its app and alerts iPhone owners of all activity on two SIM accounts.
“This product is ideal for iPhone owners and travelers across the globe,” said Krimston CEO Fouad Fattal. “We are eliminating the hassles associated with carrying a phone for work, a phone for travel, a phone for data and another for leisure.”
Users can seamlessly make calls, message and access contacts from a primary and secondary SIM card. TWO also includes a ‘Smart Hotspot’ feature which monitors a phone’s Internet activity and adjusts the signal accordingly to give users the longest battery life.
Krimston has already secured $400,000 to build a fully functioning prototype and an additional $400,000 to assist with tooling and further research and development. A beta prototype is currently ready for mass production. The company plans to use its Kickstarter campaign to gain feedback from early adopters and raise an additional $100,000 to offset manufacturing costs associated with fulfilling orders.
The Kickstarter campaign offers five different ‘tickets’ available to campaign supporters:
- Ticket 1 – For $99, up to 175 donors can own one of the first units produced and become a field tester for Krimston. Delivered to all pioneers in July, users will provide Krimston with valuable customer feedback.
- Ticket 2 – The next 450 donors can pledge $159 and receive a $40 discount for their TWO (expected retail price $199 plus shipping and customs fees). The TWO will be delivered to donors in August.
- Ticket 3 – After the first 625 pledges, all other donors can purchase a TWO for $179. Donors will receive a $20 discount on the expected retail price and receive the product in August.
- Ticket 4 – Pledging $299 ensures that those purchasing multiple units save $99 on full retail price, with an estimated delivery date of August.
- Ticket 5 – For iPhone 6+ owners, a pledge of $20 can be made throughout the campaign. With an estimated delivery date of December, donors that request a unit for their iPhone 6+ will receive a $40 discount that can be redeemed against their TWO once the product has launched in the retail market.
All Krimston TWO products ordered through Kickstarter will be delivered in August. TWO is expected to hit mainstream retail in November, and is expected to retail at $199.
Krimston is a mobile accessories company established in 2014. The company was co-founded by Fouad Fattal and Nabil Nasr. Krimston launched its initial mobile accessory, TWO, through a Kickstarter campaign in 2016. For more information, visit http://www.krimston.com.